IT'S FRIDAY... YAY!
Don't forget to dress to express today and send a picture into Swans emails address by 12.00PM :)
I can't wait to see all of your super outfits :)
Please can you also send in (on the same email) the times table target you are currently working on and what you scored in your spelling quiz today.
Have a great day :)
English - spelling - 45 mins
WOW: to spell words with vowel suffixes: - er, - ed or -ing.
Last week you learnt to spell words with more than one syllable and adding the suffixes: -er -ed or -ing. QUIZ: Ask an adult to quiz you on these spellings - did you get 10/10?
This week we are looking at spelling words with vowel suffixes: - er, - ed or -ing. THESE ARE DIFFERENT SPELLINGS TO LAST WEEK :)
Work through the power point and then complete at least TWO of the activities below.
Maths - 45 mins
WOW: practise and learn our times table / division targets.
1. COMPLETE QUIZ - ask an adult to quiz you on your times table target.
You will need to choose one sheet to complete your quiz on below depending on whether you are working on an 'in order' or an 'out of order' times table target. Use this format (same as we use in school) to complete your quiz.
REMEMBER! You are only allowed 3 mins to complete the quiz and you must get 40/40 to move on to the next times table target.
2. MARK YOUR QUIZ using the multiplication charts below - use a different colour and correct any answers you get wrong.
3. PRACTISE your new times table target or your existing target if you didn't get 40/40.
The order you will learn and practise your times tables are listed below:
X2, X5, X10, X3, X4, X8
OUT OF ORDER:
X2, X5, X10, X3, X4, X8
Please use this extra time wisely and practise your target times table / division target ready for the quiz NEXT Friday.
Use the following strategies to help you practise:
1. Practise writing the times tables out in your homework book - can you present them in fun ways to help you remember them?
2. Practise chanting the times table you are working on, e.g. 1X2 = 2, 2X2 =4, 3X2=6 and so on.
3. Ask an adult to test you by asking you random sums, e.g. if you are practise your X2 they might say: 1x2 or 2x2 or 3x2
4. You could use an I -pad or computer to practise on the following websites /APPS below:
History 1- 1.5 hours
WOW: to know information about Stonehenge.
What is Stonehenge?
Why was Stonehenge built?
How was Stonehenge used?
How has Stonehenge changed?
Work through the power point to find out all about Stonehenge the complete the activities.
Complete the Stonehenge quiz - the quiz is on the power point.
Activity 2 (extra activity):
Host a debate with your family members. You will need to share your point of view on why you think Stonehenge was built.
Firstly, read the debate character cards (see sheets below) and chose one of the Great Debate Themes to discuss (chose one theme each - you don't have to do them all). Remember to give reasons to WHY you think what you are sharing. For example if you chose to discuss and give reasons for 'a place of healing' you will need to provide evidence to support WHY you think this - use the power point to help you gather ideas. You may wish to right down key points to remind yourself of what you want to say before you start the debate! I have also attached debate question cards you may want to use to challenge family members! Enjoy!
Music and dance
A place of healing
Large groups getting together.