Fantastic Friday is here!
Times table and spelling quizzes today as well as practising and learning your new targets.
This afternoon you will be learning about the DRUIDS! I think you'll enjoy this one... do send in pictures :)
Please remember to read on Bug Club and don't forget to watch chapter 3 of Stig of the Dump.
Have a great day :)
English - new spellings - 45 mins
WOW: to spell words with more than one syllable and adding the suffixes: -er -ed or -ing.
Last week you practised spelling words with the short /i/ sound spelt with a /y/. QUIZ: Ask an adult to quiz you on these spellings - did you get 10/10?
This week we are looking at spelling words with more than one syllable and adding the suffixes: -er -ed or -ing.
Work through the power point and then complete at least TWO of the activities below.
Maths - 45 mins
WOW: practise and learn our times table targets.
1. COMPLETE QUIZ - ask an adult to quiz you on your times table target.
You will need to choose one sheet to complete your quiz on below depending on whether you are working on an 'in order' or an 'out of order' times table target. Use this format (same as we use in school) to complete your quiz.
REMEMBER! You are only allowed 3 mins to complete the quiz and you must get 40/40 to move on to the next times table target.
2. MARK YOUR QUIZ using the multiplication charts below - use a different colour and correct any answers you get wrong.
3. PRACTISE your new times table target or your existing target if you didn't get 40/40.
The order you will learn and practise your times tables are listed below:
X2, X5, X10, X3, X4, X8
OUT OF ORDER:
X2, X5, X10, X3, X4, X8
Please use this extra time wisely and practise your target times table ready for the quiz NEXT Friday (15.01.20).
Use the following strategies to help you practise:
1. Practise writing the times tables out in your homework book - can you present them in fun ways to help you remember them?
2. Practise chanting the times table you are working on, e.g. 1X2 = 2, 2X2 =4, 3X2=6 and so on.
3. Ask an adult to test you by asking you random sums, e.g. if you are practise your X2 they might say: 1x2 or 2x2 or 3x2
4. You could use an I -pad or computer to practise on the following websites /APPS below:
History 1 - 1.5 hours
WOW: understand how evidence about Druids can give us different answers about the past.
Today you are going to be learning about the Druids... work through the power point and complete the activity at the end - create your own Druid crown! Be creative and think BOLD! Druids were very important people in the Iron Age.
Once you have made your crown - complete the 'Becoming a Druid Activity Sheet'
Complete the Stone Age through to Iron Age timeline.