The School Governors are a group of people who act as critical friends and help to make decisions
about how St Mary and St Chad First School is run. The School Governors have legal duties, powers
and responsibilities. They can only act together. The Full Governor body meets in school at least once a term. There are various committees including Curriculum and standards, Human resources and Finance and Premises which also meet at least once a term and report back at Full Governors.
The role of the governing body is to:
The School Governing body is made up of:
1. The Headteacher – Mrs Sandra Lamond
2. Parents – Mr Ian Wood(Chair person), Mr Mark Culverhouse
3. A teacher at the school – Mrs Victoria Lloyd
4. Members of St Mary and St Chad Church (Foundation Governors) – Dr Charles Spencer and Rev Phil Moon
5. Local Council representatives – Mrs Kate Youlden
6. Co-opted Governors – Mrs Jessica Timmins, Dr Ruth Springthorpe, Mr Kevin Maycock, Mr Nigel Woodward and Mr Jim Cooper
More details about the governors can be seen in the document below - Governing body 2017
The chair of governors can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All governors have equal status in the work of the Governing Body and all have equal voting rights.
The minutes of the Governors’ Meetings are kept in school and can be viewed below