The Local Governing Committee are a group of people who act as critical friends and help to make decisions about how St Mary and St Chad First School is run. The local governors are mainly responsible for the school development plan, curriculum and factors that directly affect the children. The local governing committee make recommendations to the Trust board for Penk Valley Academy Trust. The local governing committee meets in school at least once a term.
The Local Governing Committee is made up of:
1. The Headteacher – Mrs Sandra Lamond
2. Trustee – Mrs Clare McColl
3. Parents - Mr Ian Wood (Chairperson), Mrs Sarah Martin
3. A member of staff – Mrs Victoria Lloyd
4. Members of St Mary and St Chad Church (Foundation Governors) – Dr Charles Spencer and Rev Phil Moon
5. Co-opted Governors – Mrs Jessica Timmins, Mr Kevin Maycock, Mrs Lynne Hancher, Mrs Lucy Erskine
The terms of reference for the local governing committee is linked below
The chair of governors can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All governors have equal status in the work of the Governing Body and all have equal voting rights.
The minutes of the Governors’ Meetings are kept in school and can be viewed below.